BRT is a general purpose, clear, optical gloss and UV resistant laminating resin for laminating white surfboards and for hot coating. Based on the entropic CLR - Clear Epoxy Resin, BRT can be combined with all CLR Clear hardeners. BRT is a USDA BioPreferred® certified product with a 30% biobase content.
Usage: white surfboards, standing paddle boards
Consumption: approx. 3 litres for 1 short board of 2 m and approx. 12 litres for 1 SUP or 2 long boards
Working temperature: optimal temperature from 21°C to 30°C
Working environment: Prefer low-humidity environments, especially for use outside the optimal temperature range for the product.
Application tips :
- For best results, mix the two components according to weight
- Always mix the product thoroughly for at least 2 minutes, scraping all surfaces of the container to ensure thorough mixing.
- It is preferable to use the product in a temperature-controlled environment within the optimal use limits of the product. Avoid cold ambient temperatures or high humidity.
- For optimum curing performance, ensure that surfaces are dry and free of all dirt, debris and/or oil. Surface preparation by mechanical sanding is strongly recommended.
- Perform pre-tests with the materials and processes being considered to fully understand the curing characteristics of the resin in your work environment and the compatibility of the resin with other materials.
- Avoid using BRT on dark coloured surfaces as the optical brightener may degrade the appearance!
Tensile modulus (ASTM D638): 3.2 GPa
Tensile strength (ASTM D638): 67.6 MPa
Elongation (ASTM D638): 6%.
Flexural Modulus (ASTM D790): 3.0 GPa
Flexural strength (ASTM D790): 100.5 MPa
Compressive strength (ASTM D695): 86.3 MPa
Ultimate Tg: 57°C
Hardness (shore D): 70-80
Mixing ratio (by volume): 2:1
Mixing ratio (by weight): 100:43
Viscosity (A/B/Mixed at 25°C): 2040/140/800 mPas
Component density (density at 25°C): 1.14 (resin), 0.98 (hardener) gcm-3
Density of the mixture (density at 25°C): 1.09 gcm-3
Operating time (at 25°C): 43 minutes
Dry to the touch (at 35°C): 8 hours
Recommended full cure: 7 days at 25°C
VOC content (ASTM D2369): 0.0 g/l
Bio-based carbon content (ASTM D6866): 21%.