305 resin is a compression moulding resin for fast cycle times in heat assisted moulding processes of fibre reinforced composites.
The 305 system has a high biological content, excellent fibre impregnation qualities and thixotropic characteristics to limit sag in high temperature curing applications.
High modulus combined with excellent elongation properties results in durable but lightweight composite parts.
Epoxy resin 305 is a USDA BioPreferred product with a 28% biobase content.
Usage: skateboard, skis, snowboards, press moulded composites
Consumption: approx. 3 litres for 2 snowboards or 2 pairs of skis
Tip for use :
- For best results, mix the two components according to the weight.
- Always stir the product thoroughly for at least 2 minutes, scraping all surfaces of the container to ensure a homogeneous mixture.
- Use the product in an environment with cold ambient temperatures or high humidity.
- For optimum curing performance, ensure that the surfaces are dry and free of all dirt, debris and/or traces of oil. Surface preparation by sanding is strongly recommended.
- Carry out preliminary tests with the materials and processes being considered to fully understand the curing characteristics of epoxy in your materials working environment.
Tensile modulus (ASTM D638): 3.2 GPa
Tensile strength (ASTM D638): 68.9 MPa
Elongation (ASTM D638): 7%.
Flexural modulus (ASTM D790) : 2.9 GPa
Flexural strength (ASTM D790): 102.0 MPa
Compressive strength (ASTM D695): 81.4 MPa
Ultimate Tg: 68°C
Hardness (shore D): 70-80
Mixing ratio (by volume): 2:1
Mixing ratio (by weight): 100:38
Viscosity (A/B/Mixed at 25°C): 3360/528/1546 mPas
Component density (density at 25°C): 1.13 (resin), 0.96 (hardener) gcm-3
Mixture density (density at 25°C): 1.08 gcm-3
Time of use (at 25°C): 50 minutes
Dry to the touch (at 35°C): N/D
Recommended complete curing: 20 minutes at 82°C
VOC content (ASTM D2369): 0.05 g/l
Biosourced carbon content (ASTM D6866): 32%.